Literarisches Events (in and around Lawrence KS)
- JOSEPH HARRINGTON & ISRAEL WASSERSTEIN. Lawrence. Thursday, April 24, 7:00 p.m. Raven Bookstore, 6 E. 7th St.
- LAWRENCE POETRY FAIR. Lawrence. Saturday, April 26, noon-4:00 p.m., Lawrence Arts Center, 940 New Hampshire St. Contact: Beth Schultz: email@example.com
- CRYSTAL BOSON, NATHAN HOKS, & ROGER REEVES. Lawrence. Sunday, May 4, 2014, 5:00 p.m. (preceded by open mic). Eighth Street Taproom (x New Hampshire).
- TIM LANTZ, & al. Lawrence. Thursday, August 28, 7:00 p.m. Raven Bookstore, 6 E. 7th St.
- CALEB PUCKETT, & al. Lawrence. Thursday, October 23, 7:00 p.m., Raven Bookstore, 6 E. 7th St.
- KRISTIN LOCKRIDGE, & al. Lawrence. Thursday, December 4, 7:00 p.m., Raven Bookstore, 6 E. 7th St.
Sunday, November 21, 2010
In the 1950s and 60s, when industrial workers in the US were earning a good wage (in large part due to the strength of trade unions in that period), they were receptive to the notion, ubiquitous on TV, that everyone was middle class. It stuck - esp. since TV hasn't stopped sending that message since then. It was in this way, and not by confrontation, that capitalists eliminated the working class in America (and with it, working-class solidarity). So now that we’re back in the 1880s, everyone is still middle class.