Isn't that what blogs are for? At least, they used to be. That is, conveying every boring detail of life to all your friends, and then hectoring them for not wanting to read about it. Oh, sure, people started using blogs to report from Iraq, and shit like that. But that's a revisionist application. The true purists will still write about washing their cars.
So - a friend of mine (huh!) recently went on an all-night whiskey bender, followed (predictably) by an all-day hangover. Nonetheless, she said, she could still see having "one mint julep" (a concoction I sometimes make, this time of year).
She claimed she had never heard "One Mint Julep" by the Clovers, so I played it for her - on Napster, from an Atlantic Records R&B compilation album.
Which made me want to hear Prof. Longhair doing "Tipatina," which I did.
Earlier, I listened to my current favorite e.p., the eponymous The Happy Problem. Their FB page recently reported that they were introduced by some LA dj as "The Happy People" - which, in LA, is a fine distinction. But still a problem.
Of course, not all Classic Blog Posts are this short. Maybe there should be a compilation album.
Literarisches Events (in and around Lawrence KS)
- PATRICIA LOCKWOOD. Lawrence. Thursday, September 11, 7:00 p.m., Spooner Hall, KU Campus.
- PATRICIA LOCKWOOD. Lawrence. Friday, September 19, 7:00 p.m. Lawrence Public Library. Sponsored by Raven Bookstore.
- DENNIS ETZEL, JR. & RACHEL CROSS. Lawrence. Thursday, September 25, 7:00 p.m., Raven Bookstore, 6 E. 7th St.
- TONY TRIGILIO. Lawrence. Thursday, Oct. 2, 4:00 p.m., English Room, Kansas Union, KU Campus. FREE.
- CALEB PUCKETT & JUSTIN RUNGE. Lawrence. Thursday, October 16, 7:00 p.m., Raven Bookstore, 6 E. 7th St.
- BEN LERNER. Kansas City, MO. Thursday, October 23, 7:00 p.m., Epperson Auditorium, Vanderslice Hall on the KCAI campus, 4415 Warwick Blvd.
- KRISTIN LOCKRIDGE & ROBERT DAY. Lawrence. Thursday, December 4, 7:00 p.m., Raven Bookstore, 6 E. 7th St.