All this talk about slowness is making me sleepy.
Nonetheless, since it's happening in the blogosphere, it got me to thinking about how we (I) spend our time. A lot of us read blogs b/c we're avoiding more unpleasant tasks. Sometimes blogging is that unpleasant "task." In other words, as with most labor-saving devices, blogs may be beefing up our to-do lists - making us busier, more frazzled, etc. Or they may (can) be a relief or time-out from those tasks. (You can see where I'm going with this, right? If so, please tell me, b/c I don't)
But seriously, folks - what if we all agreed to blog no more than 100 words per day - that's 3000 words per month, 36,000 words per year. That's a lot of words - to write or to read. On top of all the others we're writing and reading. Blog bites.
A reflection: going slowly shows you how fast you have to go to keep from falling farther and farther behind.
Less word - be happy yes!
This post is 183 words, including these words.
Literarisches Events (in and around Lawrence KS)
- PATRICIA LOCKWOOD. Lawrence. Thursday, September 11, 7:00 p.m., Spooner Hall, KU Campus.
- PATRICIA LOCKWOOD. Lawrence. Friday, September 19, 7:00 p.m. Lawrence Public Library. Sponsored by Raven Bookstore.
- DENNIS ETZEL, JR. & RACHEL CROSS. Lawrence. Thursday, September 25, 7:00 p.m., Raven Bookstore, 6 E. 7th St.
- TONY TRIGILIO. Lawrence. Thursday, Oct. 2, 4:00 p.m., English Room, Kansas Union, KU Campus. FREE.
- CALEB PUCKETT & JUSTIN RUNGE. Lawrence. Thursday, October 16, 7:00 p.m., Raven Bookstore, 6 E. 7th St.
- BEN LERNER. Kansas City, MO. Thursday, October 23, 7:00 p.m., Epperson Auditorium, Vanderslice Hall on the KCAI campus, 4415 Warwick Blvd.
- KRISTIN LOCKRIDGE & ROBERT DAY. Lawrence. Thursday, December 4, 7:00 p.m., Raven Bookstore, 6 E. 7th St.