Literarisches Events (in and around Lawrence KS)
- PATRICIA LOCKWOOD. Lawrence. Thursday, September 11, 7:00 p.m., Spooner Hall, KU Campus.
- PATRICIA LOCKWOOD. Lawrence. Friday, September 19, 7:00 p.m. Lawrence Public Library. Sponsored by Raven Bookstore.
- DENNIS ETZEL, JR. & RACHEL CROSS. Lawrence. Thursday, September 25, 7:00 p.m., Raven Bookstore, 6 E. 7th St.
- TONY TRIGILIO. Lawrence. Thursday, Oct. 2, 4:00 p.m., English Room, Kansas Union, KU Campus. FREE.
- CALEB PUCKETT & JUSTIN RUNGE. Lawrence. Thursday, October 16, 7:00 p.m., Raven Bookstore, 6 E. 7th St.
- BEN LERNER. Kansas City, MO. Thursday, October 23, 7:00 p.m., Epperson Auditorium, Vanderslice Hall on the KCAI campus, 4415 Warwick Blvd.
- KRISTIN LOCKRIDGE & ROBERT DAY. Lawrence. Thursday, December 4, 7:00 p.m., Raven Bookstore, 6 E. 7th St.
Sunday, December 30, 2007
I recently read two books I like a lot, for totally different reasons: K. Silem Mohammad's Breathalyzer (Edge) and Amy England's Victory and Her Opposties: A Guide (Tupelo). Am I allowed to do this? I doubt either writer has read the other's book, or if so, what s/he thinks of it, but I expect the former would seem overly dadist to the latter, and the latter overly sententious to the former. As for me, I'm totally naive re: the subject of transnational capital, so it doesn't matter, I guess. I esp. like those M. poems where the leavings of googlism clump together in a manner that gets at something in the medula oblongata of the age - or at least has an emotional charge. E.'s book is a great meditation on imagination and the non-recovery of the past - a great example of "experimental nonfiction," too.